C. Calculate Constructuction Budget and Architectural Fees
- Calculate a construction budget based on a) size, b) build quality, c) performance target,
- Calculate Architectural Fees appropriate to the project size, quality and performance target based on a 30yr. energy cost projection.
- Aim at understanding the relationship between the capital cost of performance premiums, with the 30yr. energy cost projections.
- Not all architects will use the same hourly rates, sheet costs, or even construction costs.
- The numbers generated in this calculator reflect our own practice only, and experience based on recently completed projects.
- Numbers generated here should not be taken as anything more than guidance from the perspective of one practicing architect.
This is intended to provide a simplified estimate of the construction budget and Architectural fees only required for a generic project. Site conditions (ie. Urban, Rural, Sandy soils or Rock Sub-grade) and other considerations (ie. Roads, Well, Septic, Utility, Garages, Sheds, Fencing, Pools, Landscaping, Builder Profit, Permit Fees, Architectural Fees, Engineering Fees, Taxes, etc.) may have significant impacts on a project budget. The best way to determine the budget and fees required for your particular build will be to execute at the very least, a Schematic Design package, which we price at approx. $5/sf for projects over 2,500sf, or based on our hourly rates.
B. Mortgage Calculator
C. Sample of North American Construction Costs for Q2 of 2020
Don't take our word for it. Below is a table excerpted from Rider Levitt Bucknall's Quarterly Costing report for North America. Note that costs of construction in the GTA for Q2 of 2020 have escalated nearly 14%.
Thomson Architecture, Inc. has used reasonable efforts to provide accurate and current information in the calculators on this website, but we cannot accept any liability for the content and we make no warranty or representation of any kind concerning the accuracy or suitability of the information contained on this website for any purpose. We also provide links to other websites as a convenience but not as an endorsement. You should never rely on, or take, or fail to take any action, based upon the information on this website alone without independent verification. Users should obtain appropriate legal and technical advice. The information presented here is for educational and information purposes only, which you may use at your own risk.